Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important for all business websites. Your potential customers are already searching for your products or services on Google and other search engines. SEO allows your website and brand to be visible on the top of your search engine results pages (SERPs). One of the most important things about SEO is that it allows small businesses to compete with the largest corporations.
Small businesses tend to have smaller marketing budgets. Even with a limited marketing budget, it is possible to rank higher in SERPs and drive the desired volume of web traffic and leads.
Why is SEO So Important for Small & Startup Business Websites?
SEO is the process of increasing your website’s position in your SERPs. Google and other search engines have powerful algorithms that rank sites based on their relevance, quality, and other factors. In fact, there can be hundreds of factors for evaluating a website’s ranking in SERPs.
It is possible to boost your search rankings by using a number of strategies. Every business can develop their unique SEO strategy depending on factors that matter the most to their niche, business goals, products, services, targeted markets, and other focus elements.
As a small business, you can compete with an existing competitor that may be larger than you and has a well-established online presence, with the help of Affordable Packages. Successful SEO requires the creation of the right strategies and implementation. You can expect the results depending on your goals and the kind of strategies implemented by your SEO service.
Image result for Internet & Marketing Services.
5 Important SEO Strategies for Your Website.
SEO is a dynamic online marketing strategy that keeps changing with time. Yet, there are a few strategies that have stood the test of time and have rather evolved and not completely changed. As a small business website owner, it is important that you implement these 5 strategies as part of your overall SEO plan.
1. Technical SEO
This is the first strategy that lays down your site’s SEO foundation. Technical SEO involves the optimization of your web pages’ structure. It is this part of your web pages that make it possible for search engine crawlers to crawl and index them. Crawlers will check each webpage, the load speeds, the links, security, and other factors before promoting the content.
All other SEO strategies come after this one. You should understand the context in which this strategy is important. You may create great web content later on, but any issues with technical SEO can affect your website’s ability to rank high in search results.
Technical SEO addresses encryption and security protocols, data structure, page speed, and much more. Your Online Marketing Company is going to address the following factors as part of this SEO strategy:
- Creating sitemap & submitting to search engines
- Remove or update old web pages that may not be performing
- Correct broken links
- Optimize all images
2. Keyword Research
Keywords are still relevant in this era where search engine algorithms focus on machine learning (RankBrain) and other advanced concepts. Google and other search engines still need keywords to ‘understand’ the context of searches. It is important to find the keywords that your target audience is using to search for your products or services. Once the keywords are identified, it will be required to optimize your website and content for them.
Internet Marketing Services use a wide range of advanced tools for keyword research. Examples of such tools include Google Keyword Planner and Moz Keyword Explorer. Some agencies have their own propriety tools with unique features.
As a small business site, it is better to find keywords from your niche. Niche keywords allow you to target a smaller but highly focused audience.
3. Use Long-Tail Keywords
Successful SEO strategies depend a lot on long-tail keywords optimization too. Simple keywords optimization alone cannot help you succeed with this digital marketing strategy.
- Long-tail keywords are phrases that closely match the natural queries that users are likely to use when searching
- It is based on the principle that searchers use short sentences or phrases instead of just a couple of words
- These keywords can more effectively reflect the context of the search
- The method of researching and using long-tail key phrases is similar to that for traditional keywords.
While the keyword ‘dog food’ may make sense to focus on, people searching for it are more likely to use a phrase like ‘where to buy quality dog food’. According to research, long-tail keywords send around 70% more web traffic to sites and blogs.
4. Optimize for Mobile Devices
There is no way around mobile optimization if you want to succeed with SEO. The share of web traffic generated on smartphones has already crossed the 50% mark. Thus, more traffic is generated from mobile devices than desktop. Some of the points you should keep in mind when addressing mobile optimization are as follows:
- The first step is to implement a mobile-friendly website design
- your Internet Marketing Services can optimize your website for responsive design
- TA well-designed website will be accessible on screens of all sizes and devices using any operating systems
- TMobile-friendliness is an important search ranking factor in Google’s core algorithm
- google’s mobile-first indexing algorithm means that it gives priority to your mobile web-page design
You cannot think of ignoring responsive design if you want to succeed with SEO.
Google has made certain recommendations for businesses for both desktop and mobile sites. The most important of these suggestions are as follows:
- The desktop and mobile site should both have the same web content in formats that can be crawled and indexed. Content means everything – text, images, videos, infographics, and other formats.
- The same metadata should be used in both versions.
- Structured data should be used in both versions.
5. Local SEO
Studies show that almost a third of all searches on mobile devices are location-based. This has made it essential for Google to prioritize local search results options for many business searches, such as ‘restaurants’ and ‘hospitals’. So when creating your SEO plan, your agency is certainly going to include local SEO as an essential strategy as part of the Digital Marketing Solutions.
One of the most important steps in the local SEO strategy is creating your company’s Google My Business profile.
- Your agency is going to claim your Google My Business listing
- You will have to ensure that all information is updated including your business’ physical address and local phone number
- When a customer leaves a review, you will receive the alert and you can respond to them
Your agency can take many other steps to optimize your website for local SEO. One important step is adding your business to local directories.